Adapting your home may become necessary as you grow older. You may also need to adapt your home if you or a family member has a disability.
Chris O’Donovan Construction will transform any space into something more comfortable to help you lead an independent life. We understand what changes you need and we are here to help. Just give us a call at 087 2335198 and we will furnish you with the information you need.
- Widening doorways and passageways
- Moving light switches, door handles, doorbells and entry phones to convenient heights
- Installing grab rails for support
- Adapting bathroom facilities (for example, raised toilet, back rest against the toilet cistern, level deck shower, bath with hoist, handbasin at appropriate height)
- Locating bathroom or bedroom facilities at ground-floor level
- Installing ramps to avoid using steps
- Ensuring that external approaches such as paths or drives have a firm, level surface
- Installing a stair lift or elevator
- Specialised furniture, like adjustable beds or support chairs
- Setting up alert devices for someone who is deaf or hard of hearing
In case of fire or other emergency, it is important that exits should always be accessible and that you do not rely entirely on mechanical means (such as a lift) to get out.
You may qualify for a grant Click Here for Grant Information